 CAD / 15781
Re: Render Effects, (Was: Re: L3P Question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 21:50:50 GMT

Eric Albrecht wrote:

I also want all of the other marker lights on the vehicle to
illuminate their surroundings dimly.  I think I can do this with the
"looks-like" tag in a light source.

Finally, I realize that the headlights and markers will not actually
be illuminated by their own light.  So I want to make them glow.
Again, I know this is possible but I don't know how to do it.

This sounds quite a lot like my Christmas tree lights, a render from 1999,
http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/merry.htm go down the page a bit. This
render is only illuminated by the lights in the Christmas tree, no external
light sources. Please note that I have not tried this kind of lighting
together with radiosity - I have no idea if they will work together.

You can have the full source if you want, but it is old, and made for older
versions of POVRay (it seems to work in 3.5 after adding some semicolons),
so I don't know how useful it is. The essential parts are the settings for
the transparent color, plus the light_source definition:

#declare AMB = 0.2;
#declare DIF = 0.6;

#declare Color46_t = texture {
pigment { rgbf <1,0.905882,0.211765,0.90> }
finish { ambient 0.6 diffuse 0 phong 0.5 phong_size 40 reflection 0.9
refraction 1 ior 1.25 }
}

#declare light_point = light_source {
    <0, -8, 0>
    color rgb 0.5*<1,0.905882,0.211765>
    fade_distance 60.0
    fade_power 1.6
    looks_like {_3062_dot_dat texture { Color46_t } }
}

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm