 CAD / 15759
15758  |  15760
Subject:
L3P Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2008 04:02:00 GMT

Pardon the idiocy, but it is taking me too much time figure out how to do this. I have recently started trying my hand at rendering. There are a large number of programs to learn! LDRAW, MLCAD, L3P, POV-Ray, MEGA-POV, and so forth. I’ve been doing reasonably well so far. You can see some of my progress at my Brickshelf folder.

So here’s the deal. I have the new L3P beta. I have the new LGEO library. These seem to work OK. The part I am having trouble with is Anton Raves’ library. I have downloaded the files, and I can use the -ar flag in L3P, but it only ever seems to grab 1 or 2 parts. This means it is at least working a little, but I know there are thousands of parts in the library. I notice that Anton’s entire library is in one file (library.lib), and that the parts do not use the LDRAW numbers. I also notice that LGEO included a few include files which map to Anton’s library. Do I need to create of these includes for every single part in Anton’s library? Or is there something obvious that I am missing?

If I get this one solved, I’ll follow up with a much heavier question!!

Thanks, Eric

Technicopedia