 CAD / 15759
    L3P Question —Eric Albrecht
   Pardon the idiocy, but it is taking me too much time figure out how to do this. I have recently started trying my hand at rendering. There are a large number of programs to learn! LDRAW, MLCAD, L3P, POV-Ray, MEGA-POV, and so forth. I've been doing (...) (16 years ago, 1-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: L3P Question —Travis Cobbs
     (...) If L3P is using the Anton Raves support in the latest LGEO, then at this point there are very few parts supported. However, you can convert LDraw models using Anton's online converter here: (URL) On a side note, your Brickshelf gallery isn't (...) (16 years ago, 1-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: L3P Question —Lutz Uhlmann
   (...) The AR option is implemented for now as a technical test. I wanted to make use of some of Antons parts, such as minifig gear and curved parts. These are hard to redesign in LGEO with the small cylinder edges. To make use of Antons parts, I (...) (16 years ago, 1-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Render Effects, (Was: Re: L3P Question) —Eric Albrecht
   (...) Got it. So although there is a "-ar" flag, it is not fully capable yet. I assume therefore that any of Anton's parts I wanted to use I would have to extract from his library and insert into my POV file, along with any required rotations or (...) (16 years ago, 3-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Render Effects, (Was: Re: L3P Question) —Anders Isaksson
     (...) This sounds quite a lot like my Christmas tree lights, a render from 1999, (URL) go down the page a bit. This render is only illuminated by the lights in the Christmas tree, no external light sources. Please note that I have not tried this (...) (16 years ago, 3-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Render Effects, (Was: Re: L3P Question) —Michael Horvath
   (...) I am interested in doing this, too. I used the lookslike statement, but as you said the bulbs themselves don't light up. Adding a glow won't help in my case since the bulbs are transparent. It appears I will have to model the actual filaments (...) (16 years ago, 4-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Render Effects, (Was: Re: L3P Question) —Anders Isaksson
   (...) Did you look at my render? (URL) say there is a definite glow in the lights there. It's all a matter of reflection and refraction. (16 years ago, 5-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Render Effects, (Was: Re: L3P Question) —Michael Horvath
   (...) Your bulbs have a yellow tint, which may cause the "glow" to be more apparent. It has been suggested to me elsewhere to use HDR, so I might try that. -Mike (16 years ago, 6-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Render Effects, (Was: Re: L3P Question) —Anders Isaksson
   (...) The color doesn't seem to have a large impact; ambient, diffuse, phong, phong_size, reflection, refraction and ior have. (16 years ago, 6-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad)