 CAD / 15144
Re: LDraw/CAD people: Who's coming to BrickWorld?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 02:01:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:
I'm leaning 90% towards not attending this year or next or the year after that.

<big snip>

Ahui - sorry to hear you are bumming about TLC and the train stuff.  I can't say
I understand what you are feeling because I don't worry about the color of my
robots and I don't have a bunch of train stuff.

Thanks.. It's relaly been a series of things that TLC did that brought me to
where I am at.  The ones that I mentioned are I guess the main cracks in the
"LEGO faith" so to speak.  Granted I love some of their new concepts in town,
the walking AT-AT, etc... but I guess the roller coast ride that we/I had in the
past 48 months has been just too much.

But, I do know that sometimes I feel better just enjoying what I have (as
pitiful as my collection is when compared to a lot of people reading this) and
spending time with friends.

Oh my collection is not that big granted I did stock up on 9V stuff so that I
could play with my kids (before I had kids I started stocking up) and my 2.5
year old had a blast this christmass playing with our LEGO trains around the
tree.  Heck we started with a small oval around the tree and by the end of the
1st week in DEC we have 75% of the living room covered in track with 7 trains
going full blast all over the place.  It was a riot seeing them go BOOM as she
attempted to crach her trains into my at the cross points.

It was fun but in the back of my mind I worried that if we blow the motors (they
will eventually die) that *THAT* is it since as time goes by we won't be able to
replace them. =(

Plus while I starting stocking up on track since 1998 I realized this past
holiday that the master train layout that i planned I'm no where near in track &
with 9v out the door I'm not sure i want to move over to another track system or
have a combo of the two.  But alas I'll wait until it comes out before I
determine what to do.

I hope that you decide in favor of attending.  I still keep your presentation
from last year on my computer desktop as a reminder of something I need to take
care of before I have an "accident".

Oh shame on you for **NOT** getting that done!  Its a simple process and one
that I hope you and everyone else reading this do ASAP.  Getting your LEGO
insured no matter how big or small is a good peace of mind before that terrible
thing that we all don't want to think about happens.

If anyone needs help send me an email for the presentation.

Whether you come or not, I hope you can either work through this or find a new
hobby that makes you as happy as your LEGO once did.

Best Regards, Bryan

Thanks...  I'm taking it one day at a time and enjoying time with the little
ones seeing.  My 3 year old gets so fustrated building a tall, skinny duplo
tower only to have it fall.  The concept of a large base at the bottom to
support the tower is just not something she understands yet.  She is getting
better at it but not yet.

Oh course the SYSTEM blocks are a bigger challenge right now for her.  But like
her dad she really digs the MINFIGs and just likes playing "doll house" with
them.  "pa-sia-man" (spiderman) is her favor fig for some reason.
LOL

-AHui