 CAD / 15142
Re: LDraw/CAD people: Who's coming to BrickWorld?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:08:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney wrote:
Just curious - who from the LDraw/virtual LEGO community is going to be at
BrickWorld this year?

I'll be there for Saturday and hopefully Sunday as I'm arriving back in the US
from Mexico on Friday night. I'd love to do something LDraw-related on Saturday,
perhaps an informal couple hour session of playing with various tools and open
discussion.

-Tim

I'm leaning 90% towards not attending this year or next or the year after that.
=(  I'm a bit annoyied with TLC on many issues every since the color change, the
"flesh" minifigs and now the end of 9V trains.  My heart is just not in it
anymore.  That happy joy feeling of getting a box of LEGO has faded over the
past 24 months.

I have not completely lost faith in TLC and await the next train line to come
but know that it won't be good (at least for me, I'm not getting my hopes up).
My only hope is that perhaps once my two little ones grow up (currently 3 yrs
and 4 months) that they get me back into the hobby.  My 3 year old has such
great joy playing with the DUPLO and our system sets (under a very watchful eye
since the parts are still small and she needs help).

-Ahui