 CAD / 14323
Re: LDraw Official Model Repository (OMR)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 06:36:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
I'm going to start development on the LDraw.org OMR.   Currently I'm in the brainstorming and idea phase of the project.  Here's my ideas:

- Automated submission via forms
- Submissions moderated prior to inclusion in the database
- Automatic previw image generation
- Searchable via theme, set title, set number, etc..
- Cross links to Peeron inventories

Questions:
- How to handle unofficial parts

Your ideas, requests, suggestions?

-Orion

I don't wish to dissuade you from going ahead with this, but I'm just wondering
if there's really that much demand for such a thing. I recall seeing something
similar a few years ago. It was pretty much dormant, and looked like it had been
for some time. I'd like to hear your thoughts on how such a repository might be
useful.

For me, a MOC category would be the only thing that might draw me in to such a
site, so I hope that at least gets included, although it may replicate the BIP
somewhat.