 CAD / 13877
Re: Using Blender to animate Ldraw models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 17:33:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Mark Kennedy wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Brian Durney wrote:
Hello,
I have been working on using Blender to animate Ldraw models.  Using Yann
Vernier's import scripts and suggestions, and with additional suggestions
from Carsten Mueller, I have been able to import models,

Can you give a link to the python scripts used for importing DAT files into
Blender? Currently I am using a program that converts DAT into other formats
like OBJ or 3DS, But it would be nicer to import the DAT into Blender directly.

Unfortunately Yann's scripts aren't available at the web site where I got them.
I'm pretty sure that this web site: http://www.algonet.se/~yann/ is his, but it
doesn't say anything about Ldraw.  You could try the email address listed there.

There is a Blender Ldraw import page here: http://web.tiscali.it/ALV/blender/
but it refers to the old URL for Yann's scripts.  You could try the other two
scripts listed on that page, but I don't know how well they work.