 CAD / 13574
Re: 3d programs to create parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:26:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Simone Bootleg wrote:
hi
what programs do you use to create 3d parts for mlcad?
and how you export them for mlcad?

ps: www.ldraw.org doesn't work for me, is it the same for you?

thanks
regards

Simon

The LDraw (DAT) file format is plain ASCII text, the specification for which is
available from LDraw.org. This site also contains links to various tools to
facilitate the creation of those files, but some authors prefer to work with a
basic text editor.

However, as you note, there is a problem with the LDraw.org site at the moment -
see http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=3572.

Hopefully we can get the necessary support to get it back up soon.

Chris