 CAD / 13575
Re: 3d programs to create parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:57:54 GMT

The LDraw (DAT) file format is plain ASCII text, the specification for which is
available from LDraw.org. This site also contains links to various tools to
facilitate the creation of those files, but some authors prefer to work with a
basic text editor.

ok thanks for help
in my case i use 3d studio max to make 3d renders
i know there is max2dat to convert a 3ds to dat file..but is an old
program and under xp doesn't work
do you know another program to convert 3ds to dat?
thanks
regards

However, as you note, there is a problem with the LDraw.org site at the moment -
see http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=3572.

Hopefully we can get the necessary support to get it back up soon.

i hope too :D

Chris

Simon