 CAD / 13171
Re: My latest Ldraw Work -- 588 Police Headquarters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:06:33 GMT

   Actually, it is quite good! Thank you for the link. I was working on a sticker also, but whenever I rendered it, the sticker kinda stuck out rather than blending in with the brick behind it. I went as far as making the sticker background transparent, but that didn’t help much either. Yours is a better improvement, plus you have it real close to the included brick which is nice.

It’s actually 0.25LDU out from the brick. Of course unless you render an extreme clos up that will be less than a pixel and will thus look as though it is directly on the brick.

   How do you make a 1 x 2 brick with the pattern on the surface of the brick itself? I’ve seen all the other bricks with patterns on them, and wondered how you can make a brick like that. I’ve been wanting to make some custom minifig torsos also that have patterns and labels on them, but I’m not sure how to do that.

One trick is to add a blank quad a little out from the torso (0.25LDU) and modify it in POVray or by using the 0 IFPOV metas from l3p to show a bitmapped image when you raytrace. Of course you can’t see anything on LDview or other .dat viewers.

Tim