 CAD / 13175
Re: My latest Ldraw Work -- 588 Police Headquarters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:28:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   You’ll find that patterned parts less often found in the official library due to the shear number of variations and the complexity of authoring the patterns.

-Orion

I’ve been investigating how to make Ldraw parts, so I’m going to look a little into that. I did notice that someone was working on them (Neil’s Ldraw Site), but I’m not sure how long ago he was working on them.

I finished my set:

Now there’s a few things I haven’t been able to figure out yet. If anyone can help me with these, that would be great.

1) How can I turn down the reflectivity of the legos? I would rather them have a more “flatter” look. The street, for example, is more reflective than I really want.

2) I’ve been trying to change the main light source to an area light to get rid of the harsh shadow. No luck.

3) I would like to use the Lgeo library to give the picture a little more “umph”, but POV is giving me errors. I”m not sure if I have Lgeo installed correctly or not.