 CAD / 13161
Re: My latest Ldraw Work -- 588 Police Headquarters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:56:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Chris Shepard wrote:
   I wanted to share with everyone the latest work I’ve been doing with Ldraw. For now I am building the same sets in Ldraw that I currently have. I recently finished the 6390 Main Street. I still have to make the decals for it and the string for the crane. Yesterday, I finished building the 381 / 588 Police Headquarters. I’m still working on the car, helicopter, and minifigures. There’s also one piece missing not in Ldraw. It is part #3004p22 (in Bricklink) or #3004px13 (in Peeron) which is a 1 x 2 brick with Telephone Pattern. I’m surprised this one isn’t in Ldraw yet, because it is an old piece -- but then maybe that’s why it’s not in there. Here’s what the part looks like, if anyone knows where I can get it for Ldraw.

--SNIP IMAGES--

Hi Chris,

Nice work although I do recommend setting your camera angle a little narrower. I mocked up a dat for that part using my sticker converting program which you can find here (dat file). The header material is a little crappy but just ignore it.

The print should work in POVray and LDView although it may not look like it from some angles in MLCAD because of undersensitivity in the display routines.

Please let me know if it is satisfactory.

Tim