 CAD / 12912
Re: *** LDView Version 3.0 RC 1 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:16:11 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   LDView version 3.0 RC 1 is now available for public testing, in both source and binary forms for Windows and Linux. You can find both at the LDView web page on SourceForge.net:

http://ldview.sourceforge.net/

This is a Release Candidate for LDView 3.0. Compared to LDView 2.1.01, LDView 3.0 has an entirely new back end (both the rendering engine, and the LDraw file loading engine). This allows for a few new features that would have been very difficult before.

Compared to the public LDView 3.0 Beta 1, this version mostly contains bug fixes.

Please see the full change history here.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)

Hi Travis,

I have superficially tested RC1, it works gracefully.

LDView is so much fun, an LDView update is always exciting :) It is so graphically appealling. It has so many usages, it helps part authoring , it assists part reviewing, it can even draw a lego comic strip... (i plan to do in near future, i already have written a script).

Gratefully,

damien