 CAD / 12889
Re: Callout a single part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 19:46:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
This would be useful for decorated parts that are positioned in the model
so
that you cannot see the pattern.
Or parts that are partially "hidden" or that you want to point out
specifically.
http://www.hccamsterdam.nl/brick/scans/04000/4482/053.jpg (step 12)
http://www.hccamsterdam.nl/brick/scans/04000/4482/052.jpg (step 9)

You could do this now with single parts by creating a submodel with the
one part
in it, use that submodel as a part and call that out.

And this works.  I use it often.

I agree that it does, but I think it is a bit too circuitous. I suppose this
is too difficult to implement in LPub
For now then making a submodel for each callout with only one part and no
step in it, doing it like this makes me (once again) happy :-) Forget I
asked.

It just creates an alternate solution for something that I have already
provided.

I am still looking for a way to do step 8 and 11 in the same example as
above.

Why are step 8 and 11 unachievable in the current model of LPub using
sub-models
for callouts?  Why do you want a different way to to what you can already
do?

Because in step 8 and 11 you see 2 parts floating, but when placed in the
model, they are fixed.

I'm wondering if this will work in your higher level model:

0 BUFFEXCHG A STORE
0 LPUB CALLOUT BEGIN
1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 sub8callout.ldr
0 LPUB CALLOUT END
0 BUFFEXCHG A RETRIEVE
1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 sub8.ldr

I'll check it out when I get home...... I don't think the CALLOUT code bothers
to manage buffer exchanges, so you might be lucky enough to get the desired
effect.  If not, I'll see what I can come up with.

Kevin