 CAD / 12741
  Re: Questions about LPub

Hi Kevin, (...) Indeed, I found this file in an old LPub install folder, but it doesn't seem to be included with 2.3.0.7 version... Philo (19 years ago, 26-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions about LPub

(...) While we're on the topic of the help file, I'd like to point out that "CSI" (without the quotes) doesn't show up in the help file anywhere. And I, for one, don't have any idea what CSI means. --Travis (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions about LPub

(...) It either means Crime Scene Investiation, or, in case of LPub, Construction Step Images :-) Jaco (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions about LPub

(...) I confirm, I made a new install on a "fresh" computer, the extra folder contains only the three half-size, color and orientation ldr files. No Lpub.html elsewhere on this computer. Another detail: as neither LDgLite nor LDView does previous (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions about LPub

(...) Is this an lpub issue, or something that should perhaps be added on the ldglite command line? How is this done with the l3p/pov renderer? Does lpub manipulate the intermediate files or the rendering programs? Just curious, Don (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions about LPub

(...) Don, LPub modified the POV file creted by L3P to support previous part color scaling. Some amount of this could be done at the DAT stage, not the POV stage, but the color spectrum would be greatly quantized. Kevin (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions about LPub

(...) I'm not so sure about that quantizing bit. It may not be the best way, but I think the current beta version of ldglite could be controlled by lpub inserting a block of 0 COLOR macros at the beginning of each temp DAT file to dim the colors, (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions about LPub

(...) <snip> (...) Ooohhhhh, I like this last one. (...) Kevin (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions about LPub

(...) LDView supports 24-bit extended colors (color numbers 0x02000000-0x03FFFFFF, see (URL) here>). Does LDGLite? If so, just specify the RGB color, instead of the LDraw color. If not, you could still do this for LDView, and use the 12-bit dither (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Questions about LPub

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote: <snip> (...) Yes, they are the same DATs that go through L3P. L3P leaves the steps in the POV file as comments. I then use those to determine what parts need to be grayed and which not. (...) Kevin (anyone notice (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)