 CAD / 12449
Re: New LSynth features (Att. many pics!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:16:10 GMT

This is awesome! Are you familiar with how synthesis specifications are described for LSynth?

Sorry, I’m not familiar with it at all, I’ve never actually used it.

I guess I could imagine:

0 SYNTH BEGIN STRINGMESH 0 // add your constraints here 0 SYNTH END

The constraints would have to include what the mesh is attached to, and also the things that are in the mesh.

This would be fabulous. Also being able to apply gravity to many of the existing synthesis types would be great.

Perhaps we could define a full little meta language with quantifiers like end positions, element types, point masses, area masses, elastic moduli, shear moduli (for hoses) etc. Lots to think about there anyway.

The one area for which I forsee troubles is nets. Not that we need a physically accurate model, merely one which looks right.

I look forward to trying some stuff out.

Tim

PS. Feel free to take this to email if you prefer.