 CAD / 12446
Re: New LSynth features (Att. many pics!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:59:34 GMT

   Thanks for acknowledging that some of this is hard. This one is *really* hard. There are a few things here that LSynth has no idea about:

1. Gravity 2. string/hose stretch 3. Constraint volumes (e.g. the volume and shape of the 2x4 brick)

This last one is very hard. I’ll have to learn a whole bunch of new stuff if I’m going to get this one implemented.

If someone else out there is up for the challenge I’d be happy to work with them to add this capability to lsynth.

Hi Kevin,

My research is on the deformation of flexible structures (like rods, hoses etc.). I’d be happy to do some work on integrating some of these models into lsynth. If anyone is interested, here is a link to some of my work (http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0960-1317/15/1/012-free access for most universities). I also have worked on some other models (compressed tyres anyone?).

Tim