 CAD / 12441
12440  |  12442
Subject:
New LSynth features
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:55:34 GMT

Hi all,
  I'm looking for feedback on features to add to LSynth.

  It is very easy to add new types of synthesis things to LSynth as long as they
fit into the two classes so far:

  Tubes - provide a set of constraints that are used to create smooth curves
using splines.

  Bands - provide a set of circular constrants that are used to create rubber
bands, and their deritives.

For tubes I have:
  RIBBED_HOSE         - technic ribbed hose (using 79.dat and 80.dat)
  FLEX_SYSTEM_CABLE   - technic flex system cables
  FLEX_SYSTEM_HOSE_LD - technic flex system hose (more flexible)
  FLEX_SYSTEM_HOSE    - technic flex system hose (more rigid)
  ELECTRIC_CABLE      - Mindstorms electric cable
  PNEUMATIC_HOSE      - technic pneumatic hose
  FLEXIBLE_AXLE,      - technic flexible axle
  FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE,  - Technic/Mindstorms fiber optic cable
  RUBBER_HOSE,        - using parts 755.dat and 756.dat
  STRING,             - using Larry's string segment
  MINIFIG_CHAIN       - using parts 209.dat

For bands I have:
  RUBBER_BAND         - circular cross section
  RUBBER_BELT         - square cross section
  CHAIN               - newer technic chain links 3711.dat
  PLASTIC_TREAD       - using technic tread links 3873.dat
  RUBBER_TREAD        - using 680.dat, 681.dat and 682.dat

Anyone got ideas for what else I should provide?  It will be easy to make
additions in the future, so prompt answer is not required.

I looked at this page: http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/~1527 for lsynth
features/bugs.

True length hoses is a big remaining issue.  The trick here is that we'll need
to specify the true length between any two constraints.  True length of the
entire hose makes things more complicated to work on.  It will be the user's job
to make sure that the the constraints true sub-lengths add up the the desired
whole length.

Non-planar pulley configurations is still not solved.  Some ideas have popped up
on this issue, but I've not hammered them out yet.

My goal is to get CVS working again to sourforge and get the new code put back
this weekend.

Kevin