 CAD / 12217
Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 05:57:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
Hey!  My program's been shown on TV now.  I feel so fulfilled ;-).  Well, maybe
not quite, but it was still nice to see.

Nice job on the segment, Tim.  I don't think I would have thought to use
wireframe cutaway to show both wireframe and solid.

Thanks. I've been playing with the half-cutaway like that for a while, I think
it gives a really cool effect...but it's more pronounced on smaller models like
car.dat or even the Orbisphere. With as many pieces as the crane, you don't get
the full effect at the 1024 required for TV.

...and the slowness in spinning was my P3 1ghz laptop limping along :-)

-Tim