 CAD / 12212
Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 20:42:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Stefan Garcia wrote:
Awesome segment, Tim!

I have one question...how'd y'all make those animations?  They're awesome!!!  Is
that something your book shows how to do?  Or blender or something like that?

-Stefan-

Hey Stefan -
Good seeing you again at Cantigny this weekend.

The animations were made by Anton Raves and James Reynolds in POV-Ray using his
libraries. There's actually little-to-no LDraw connection at all (but it is
virtual LEGO by definition) :-)

I wasn't paying attention during the segment, but we planned to use the
animation Anton and James did for SIGGRAPH and WWDC. I think that's what played
in the background.

I have to head out for the afternoon/evening, but I'll get the full-quality
spacey movie posted soon. For now, you can view it on the Screen Savers' site:

http://www.g4techtv.com/html/videostream.asp?file=ss2884lprizefootage.wmv&video_key=8963

Thanks, Anton and James for an awesome animation and for working so hard on the
project! And again, my most sincere apologies that time got away from us on the
air and it didn't get played. :-\ Better luck next time!

-Tim