 CAD / 11848
Re: Complete/recursive parts listings?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:42:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Demlow wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:

   I just whipped up a program real quick (like half hour quick) that flattens a model. You can download it here:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/LDFlatten.zip

This worked great. The resulting part counts correlated with some I’d calculated by hand. The only minor snit I observed was that comment lines show up as “(null)”, but those were easy enough to strip out. Thanks, Travis, I really appreciate it! I will be using this heavily over the next few weeks as we’re working to design a ~30KB (kilobrick) model in MLCad and figure out what we need to build it.

Glad to hear it (mostly) worked. If you download it again, you’ll get an updated version, and it should solve the “(null)” problem for comments. The comments will now be output to the “-flat” file.

--Travis