 CAD / 11822
Re: Complete/recursive parts listings?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:44:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Demlow wrote:
How does one generate a complete list of parts (actual Lego elements) for a
model that includes sub-assemblies in other files?  MLCad just reports the
sub-assemblies as a single "part".  My model is complex enough that just pasting
together copies of the sub-assemblies is a non-starter.  (Apologies if this is a
FAQ, but I couldn't find an answer on ldraw.org or the Lugnet CAD groups.)

Thanks for any help!
Steve

Your problem is easily solved:

- Make a MPD of your model using MPDWorkshop (Listed in the Software downloads
section of LDraw.org)
- Open the newly created MPD in in MLCad 3.1 or higher
- Go to the Extras menu and choose Reports->Parts
- Check the Submodels box
- All the parts in the model should now be displayed

A couple limitations to this:
- All the submodel files are displayed in addition to the parts in those
submodels
- If you MPD have unofficial parts then all the primitives will be displayed as
well
- All the indiviual pieces of flexble hoses, flexible axles, etc. will be listed
a individual parts.

Both of these will serve to inflate the part count a bit.  The best way to
conpensate for this is to save the report and then manally edit out the
erronious part readings.

-Orion