 CAD / 11735
  Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

I downloaded copies of LDraw and MLcad a few days ago, and I've been building digital versions of a few of my models, but I ran into a couple of problems: 1. Using MLcad, I couldn't get (URL) this piece> to close flush to (URL) this piece>. There (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) For some unknown reason, part 2463 is pretty much an empty shell with no bottom at all. It has edge lines on the bottom out in empty space, but no surfaces. It appears that this file hasn't been touched since 1999. It's not currently on the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) Hmm, I guess nobody cares about it but me. :) I recently found out that it was officially discontinued as a LEGO brick (as compared to just not having been used for a while), which was a bit disappointing, since at the time I needed eight (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) Aack! This would've been a nice part to (URL) 3D Scan>. But short of FedExing the part to me at my hotel (as I don't have one on hand) that's probably not gonna happen.. I could try to have one of my students take a stab at it in 3DStudio or (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) I have posted a slightly improved version of 6058.dat to the Parts Tracker at (URL) does not solve all the problems with this part, but includes - correct height alignment of studs at z=70 and the adjoining fillets - realignment of bad quad on (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) OK, I'm revising this part - basically the whole underside needs re-working. Even the outlines that are there are not correct. Watch this space. Chris (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) Hmm, yes it would have. So would other parts with weird curvy surfaces like the flame/seaweed piece (considering the fact that the first dragon's body parts have all been completed, I'm surprised that I can't find that part anywhere). (...) I (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) It does. I can see that there are still a few polygons missing around the two raised studs, but at least the height correction means it'll be easier to line up a part on them. (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) That one is under "Minifig Flame" -Orion (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) Really? Cool. I couldn't find it listed in the Parts Tracker. Foolish me for not considering the possibility that minifigs might randomly like to wander around holding a handful of scorching hot fire, huh? ;P Anyways, you wouldn't happen to (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) They do! didn't you know (or expect) this? :-) (URL) The full comic is (URL) here>, by the way. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) ... and the revised version is now on the Parts Tracker at (URL) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) Unfortunately I haven't worked on the other two dragon body parts the last months. The head-details takes me to trouble. nad then there is only the outer hull. See here: (URL) would be glad, if anybody else wants to complete the parts. CU (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) It was because of THIS picture that I vowed to get myself some of those blue flames - and ironicly, while I only managed to get 2 so far, I got ahold of some trans-GREEN flames (just because they were green!). :) (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!

(...) I snagged one of the blue flames for Neptune's Moon Lagoon (the base of it can be seen pinched under the spigot where the guy's filling a barrel of water from the reservoir tank), but I've never picked up any green ones. I'm not sure what I'd (...) (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.fun, FTX)