 CAD / 1095
Re: Simulating tubes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 02:16:16 GMT

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 11:33:40 GMT, Laurentino Martins <lau@mail.telepac.pt>
wrote:

How can I simulate in LDraw the flexible tubes most of the newer technic
sets have these days?
I mean, not the thin ones, but those that are fatter with wrinkles.

I have not tried doing the large tubes yet. But the results using a scaled up
sphere primitive and a bezier curve generator work pretty well for the smaller
hoses.  Perhaps scaling the sphere up more, and using the proper number of them
(have to count the ridges of the hose) would work.
You would have to experiment a little to figure out what size to scale the
primitive.

Here are two versions to check out.
The first one is a pretty manual operation:
http://hugin.risoe.dk/JJ_Memorial/bezier.html

This one is an improved program written to simplify the above:
http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/chloe/31/lego/bezgen/index.htm

-- Terry K --