 CAD / 10597
  Generator, Primitives, and Part questions

Hey Y'all: 1. Is there a render generator that will automatically generate renders of all the parts in a directory in a specific color at a specific angle? I seem to remember someone posting about this before; and it would seem that such a tool must (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Generator, Primitives, and Part questions

(...) These are on the LDraw.org Parts Tracker (PT). In general, it's ok to use these just be aware that they may change. Typically the only change these undergo is a winding swap. (...) I checked the PT and it looks like this hasn't been made yet. (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Generator, Primitives, and Part questions

(...) Where again please (URL)? I am going to this page: (URL) and you cannot find these files there. Of course, I cannot see why these files are not there. Also, the currently downloadable zipfile of the unofficial parts is missing many, many of (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Generator, Primitives, and Part questions

(...) I think partsref uses a perl script, but you may need a UNIX OS of some sort to run it on. :) You might be able to rig up a batch file to do it with ldlite or the ldglite offscreen renderer on Windows. Something like this: FOR %%F IN (*.dat) (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Generator, Primitives, and Part questions

(...) The above URL is correct but I went back and reread your post and all of the primitives you listed are already official, they were released with the last parts update. Did you download the last update? If not, here's the URL to the 2003-2 (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Generator, Primitives, and Part questions

(...) Nope, and I guess you now know why... (...) The current updates page omits the two most recent updates! That's not good... A thousand thanks, Orion! You are the LDraw-Man, Baby! -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Generator, Primitives, and Part questions

(...) I have a generator that hasn't been released based on little-known LDView functionality. However, while it seems to work, it hasn't been tested too well, and has some limitations at the moment: It doesn't allow you to specify the angle, it (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Generator, Primitives, and Part questions

(...) Uh Oh, competition from Travis. I'd better provide the missing info in order to keep up. The method above supports whatever view angle you want with the ldglite -A setting. The part color can be changed with a -C setting. The background color (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Generator, Primitives, and Part questions

(...) I'd be very interested in it. I use LDview all the time! -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Generator, Primitives, and Part questions

(...) OK, I uploaded it to the following location: (URL) Read the readme.txt file for usage instructions and caveats. Make sure to do this before running the program, since by default it will attempt to start outputing files to a particular (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Generator, Primitives, and Part questions

(...) Hehe. The funny thing here is that it was originally written in May of 2002. It's a real simple program, less than 400 lines of code, and someone requested that I write it. He was going to use it for an online catalog in a LEGO-related web (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)