 CAD / 10503
Re: Putting images on tiles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 04:48:46 GMT

A. if using bmp2dat consider doing larger then normal images AND scale then original planned, example is to do a logo, say shell. do it say 5 times its size, then when done with the DAT on the rotation matrix instead of   1 0 0 1 0 0 1 so on, do it .2 instead of 1, thats scaled down 20% . should be the same as original not scaled. the result per pixel is not 1 LDU  but much smaller.

B. using quad 2 dat, may be much better. in Q2d you can select the colors, and
make larger quad's and tri's. this method takes time however. i did a Xtra
trailer sticker  wich is 1 x 4 , and it took almost 2 hours

C, or the final sollution, images in pov. Jeroen De Haan is a master at this..

A. I'll try this one first. I think this should do the trick.

B. I found Q2D waaaaaaay over my head. I can see how it's very useful to the
part writers, but it's just not for me.

C. This one will take some time to "translate" into terms my mind can wrap
around, but looks practical.

The images I'm looking to use are photos that my friend made for her photography
class in college, so they're not going to be simple like a logo or small image.
Will this affect the outcome of any of the previous suggestions?

-Dan