 CAD / 10501
Re: Putting images on tiles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 04:57:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Daniel Collis wrote:
Try BMP2DAT.  Found here:

http://www.m8laune.de/

Under the Files menu.

-Orion

Actually, I've tried using it, but the images came out less than I had hoped.
The images I tried playing around with were simple images that came out very
pixelated in the final images. Any suggestions as to where I might be going
wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong.

BMP2DAT produces pixellated images, that's what it does, because it does so by
stringing (1 LDU??) rectangles together to represent groups of pixels in the
original BMP file.

If pixellation bothers you, see my reply to your original post, upthread, which
references techniques for inserting the image into your POV files.

If you absolutely have to have the image in LDraw tools but don't want
pixellation, consider using Quad2Dat, which is not so much a convertor as it is
a way to create a model of the image.