 CAD / 10266
    Questions: 12 volt train track parts —Niels Karsdorp
   After I announced that I created the straight blue 12 Volt conductor track, I received an email from Steffen that he has already created the gray 12 Volt conductor tracks (straight, curved and cross) and to avoid doing doubled work. Comparing his (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Questions: 12 volt train track parts —Steve Bliss
   (...) Paraphrasing the questions from your webpage: Is it better to model the plastic and metal elements in separate files, or have one file with a short section of both plastic and metal, and stretch them for the whole part. Stretching is alright, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Questions: 12 volt train track parts —Niels Karsdorp
   I put some questions on my questions page about metal pieces: (URL) Bliss replied to those: (...) When I look at a real piece I see a hollow metal bar and a bar with a connector that fits in the hollow bar of an adjecant part. To match real (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Questions: 12 volt train track parts —Steve Bliss
   (...) What is the radius of the curved edges? On such a large part, anything below radius 2 or 1 would not really be visible in most cases. It would be nice if we could specify the part with sharp edge-lines for normal viewing, and rounded edges for (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Questions: 12 volt train track parts —Don Heyse
   (...) It seems to me that this is where we draw the line between ray tracing parts and ldraw parts. Extra details and rounded edges belong on the ray tracing versions of the parts, but not on the ldraw parts. Ldraw parts should render quickly (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Questions: 12 volt train track parts —Niels Karsdorp
     (...) This seems ok to me in theory: quick ldraw parts and more detailed ray trace parts. The practice however brings up the question how are we going to build up and maintain a quality ray traceable parts library. LGEO or Anton's or .... (and how (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

        LDraw & POV Parts (was: Re: Questions: 12 volt train track parts) —Steve Bliss
   (...) Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I *like* renderings with edgelines. They are very useful for building instructions, but even for non-building instruction images, the edgelines appeal to me. Maybe I've watched too many cartoons in my life. :) I'm (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)