 CAD / 10058
Re: Lsynth problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2003 01:19:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague writes:
<snip>

Kevin, any ideas?

Do a search for file named mklist.exe on your entire computer, and see how
many copies you find.

Kevin

Thanks
-Bill Leue

Bingo! A search revealed a second, older copy of LDRAW that I was keeping
around for no good reason. After deleting it, LSynth installed correctly,
and my sample .dat file now synthesizes perfectly! Thanks to Kevin and Orion!

BTW, your installer could evade this problem if you asked the user to locate
the Mklist.exe file instead of searching for it, similar to the way LPub
works. Just a suggestion, and thanks again!

-Bill Leue