 CAD / *38150 (-10)
  A Rendering farm with 1 PC at low cost

Hello to everyone I just finnished adding a new service to my virtual shop (URL) now is just in spanish use google to translate untill I make a translation. The service is for anyone that uses povray and doesn't have a fast PC and / or patience to (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) Sorry to reply to myself but I remembered (after posting) that I had the demo for the SW Lego game. I took a screenshot of the explosion at the start and am almost certain I'm correct. Looking here (URL) you can see that the studs are (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

If you were to couple those routines with the script available here, and Blender's power: (2 URLs) You would have a relatively easy way to make CG Lego sequences. It could lead to some really cool stuff, perhaps more things in the vein of the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) Actually, Homeworld does exactly that. I've yet to finish texturing the first batch of 28 or 30 ships, afterwards I'll LOD em. This is my first mod, so I was unsure what the poly count guidelines should be, since I want to keep the amount of (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

That woulda been cool to see. Unfortunately, the models in simcity are actually just image files, iirc. Thus there are no polys. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

--SNIP-- (...) The shading and drawing could be done only once per angle (three total in the picture you gave before). Since the shading depends only on the relative angle of the stud and light-source all you'd need do is pass the nearest light (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Inexplicable error in LPub

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht news:IIHww8.1GAA@lugnet.com... (...) And judging by the message "LPub 2.4.5.0 available" I see that did not take long :-) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 2.4.5.0 available

(...) I think this is because a lot more people are using LPub now and with all the features you added in 2.3 people got testing with all kinds of models. Concidering the amount of trafic to lugnet.cad (partially my fault ;-) and the many questions (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Inexplicable error in LPub

(...) OK, then I will await patiently. (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) Yeah, I considered that, The other way I thought of doing it is to create some sort of projection volume for each tri (Basically the halfspace stretching from the front face of the tri out to infinity), then clip that by the other tri's in the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact