 CAD / *33890 (-20)
  Re: Animation of Mladen Pejic's models

(...) Thanks! Ever since I saw LDraw and POV-Ray, I've wanted to make animations like this. It is nice everyone else is into it now too. Hard to say exactly how long it took. Well, it took 3 days of off and on trial and error trying to get alpha (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Annoying Reflections

(...) You might try setting normal bumps .25 scale .1 turbulence 0 or variations of that in the texture block. --Todd (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Annoying Reflections

Hello all, It's 12:32am right this minute, so this is going to be very short. My bedtime was a looong time ago. But the last thirty minutes have been well-spent: I've redesigned an MLCAD scene and it looks much, much better. Except for one thing. It (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: New unofficial part: Brick 1 x 1 with Studs on Two Sides (47905)

(...) There are two missing cylinders inside the hollow studs. (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

Hi! This looks great. How long did it take exaclty to render it using the grid and in what resolution did you render the images? Play well Carsten "James Reynolds" <james@magnusviri.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Htro3E.F6B@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Animation of Mladen Pejic's models

And I have just made this movie at work to test distributive rendering with POV-Ray: MP4 (QuickTime 6 required--Windows users have this, right?) 6.7 MB (URL) versions and an explaination of how I made the animation are on this page: (URL) let me (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I think you are being a bit unreasonable. The discussion is about a fundamental functionality of LDraw, which has impact on all programs. Agreement is important to ease the life of the end user: *one* place for setup. We try to accomodate (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: OFF files ?

(...) Try 3DWin, it supports OFF files: (URL) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  OFF files ?

Has anyone ever made any OFF (object file format) files for LEGO pieces? They're basically big files with lists of vertices to draw when making a wireframe. See here for examples: (URL) there converters to make them from LDraw parts? I'm in a (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Question on using stl2dat.exe

Hi I have a question on using stl2dat.exe I have a stl file of my new train wheel that I would like to make into dat file. The conversion seems to work okay, but it's the wrong size size as my stl file has mm units. My question is this: Can I edit (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  New unofficial part: Brick 1 x 1 with Studs on Two Sides (47905)  [DAT]

Hello I've just created a LDRAW part file for the new SNOT brick used in the new Robo X-Pod-Set 4346: A 1 x 1 Brick with Studs on two sides. Here it is. (URL) (Bigger picture available here: (URL)) I think it is a very useful brick. Leg Godt Sven 0 (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Ratification Passes

(...) Thank *you*, Orion. (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

(...) Cool. I'm anxious to see it. I've built most of my MLCAD scene for it already - as soon as you release I'll put it to work and make 'em sweat. :) There's just one thing about this include file that is bad but indirectly very good: it makes my (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

(...) With the latest developments Miguel announced, I can say that if there's the right contest, my current film will be in it. History would work. Or storytelling. Or music. -Mike (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

(...) Well, I guess I need a user base first ... 8?) Actually, I'm developing this as fast as I can partly becasue I'm taking a two week vacation away from it all starting a week from today & partly because there is one user who has expressed (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

(...) (snip) I have been following this with some interest. Are we going to see some examples of this in the next animation film contest from your user base? (Stop motion is very cool but this may actually be cooler in the long run) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

That's very good! Could you show a transition bewteen the improved walking function and the running function? (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Ratification Passes

(...) Second that! I think the community owes Orion a vote of thanks for the work in getting the voting set up and tallied, and it owes itself a vote of thanks for the many constructive comments and feedback points. These helped make the bylaws (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Ratification Passes

(...) Thanks, Orion, for setting up the poll and tallying the votes. Also, thanks to everyone who participated in the drafting process and the public discussion process. More will follow once I've had the chance to circle up with the rest of the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org Bylaws Ratification Passes

With a total of 52 votes of "yes" and 4 votes of "no", the LDraw.org bylaws are hereby ratified. The Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee will move towards the call for nominations. More information will be posted in the next couple days to LDraw.org and to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact