 CAD / *31005 (-20)
  Re: MOC Differtimento

Hello Miguel, Traveling well on the dat Model, I have located all files except: 'ls10.dat' and 'ls31.dat' I cannot find any reference to them on Parts Tracker, or Peeron for that matter? I am not quite sure what parts they represent, or if they are (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: L3P Launcher for Mac OS X

(...) Showing the L3Globe is a good idea, but it seems you have mixed up latitude/longitude colors, see (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

Hi Tom, I am pretty certain that all unofficial parts in the model are "official unofficials" and can be tracked via the PT. Please be advised that the file might have some minor bugs. However, this did not prevent the Planetary Society's builder (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  More Lego Mars Rovers (Re: MOC Differtimento)

The Planetary Society's website now has thumbnails of the Lego Mars Rover contest entries Very little competition in the Marie Curie Class <link (URL) In the Rocky Class, Emiel Visser's Stone Rider looks like what I envisioned a second version of (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  L3P Launcher for Mac OS X

I am releasing a beta of an app I am working on that runs l3p without the Terminal.app. I have already made alot of changes to the window, but it "doesn't work" yet. So in the mean time, I am releasing this version that works. Moral is don't get use (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Feature Suggestion

I have a small request for MLcad too. (okay, so it might not be a small request) ;-) I use many folder levels as I create new parts. I would like to be able to view a folder on the left as the models folder does currenty. If this is already done, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote: <some portions snipped> (...) Ok, Yes, I started out with a spreadsheet that made 1-4 segments. (...) I have made it a habit of eliminating all the extra zeros out of part files that I can. They do not do (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: POV in Part

Could folks please trim lugnet.admin.suggestions from this thread? Frank (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) Yes, L3P would automatically support new LGEO parts if they were added to the binary l2p_elmt.tab. (...) You can use the -d option to L3P to see the contents of LGEO's *.TAB files: l3p -d -lgeo somefile.dat | more (mentioned a couple of years (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Feature Suggestion

I have another MLCad feature suggestion - what about a tree view of all of a model's dependencies? It would be nice to be able to toggle on/off views of parts and primitives (and submodels for completeness). I'm sure it will be useful for part (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) Here's a small program to dump the file out as text so we can examine the unknown 8 bit value. It looks to me like it contains some flag bits. Only 3 bits seem to be used (0x01, 0x02, and 0x80). From the output it appears as if bit 0x80 (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster

(...) My generator (just an excel sheet with some visual basic code) uses spaces as seperators. I hope it's not a problem that values as 1 are written as 1.0000 I also fixed the generation of type 5 lines. (It generated one too less for partial (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster

(...) Sounds good. Make sure your generator is using spaces and not tabs. I have not checked to see how the original Ldraw responds to tabs as number seperators. Paul (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster

(...) Thanx for the explanation, it's clear to me now. I'll update my primitive generator and reupload the primitives I have put on the PT Niels (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) I agree to that, but since POV-code will be between IFPOV and IFNOTPOV codes will it matter that much? (...) There I disagree: the reason I ask is because of the macaroni-brick. I tried (fairly succesfull) to write the main part as POV-code (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Paul Easter <pneaster@knoxy.nospm.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HGBwv1.22HB@lugnet.com... (...) For example sin(22.5°)= 0.3827 for R=1 (in edge.dat) 15*sin(22.5°)= 5.7403 for correct point 15* (0.3827) = 5.7405 for stretching the edge.dat A (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster

(...) It's me... (...) I have had a few emails with the Parts Tracker admin's lately to discuss the creation of primitives. I was INCORRECTLY using the rounding method that rounded only the final results. Like this; round( r* sin( Angle ), 4). The (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) Since L3P already supports the LGEO part library, is it possible to just add new LGEO parts and have L3P automatically use them? The only problem I see with this is that the .tab files in the LGEO library are binary files, but the format of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) I'm not too keen on this idea. While POV-Ray is a nice tool and freeware, I'd like to avoid dedicating ourselves to one tool, not to mention the size increase on all the files. If all you want is nice looking parts for POV try a combo of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: POV in Part

Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:70ncevsg5a3ulag...4ax.com... (...) I think we could, but where can I find the POV-code expressions? CU Bernd (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact