 CAD / *30285 (-20)
  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) FWIW, the VP at TLC who is quoted as saying this actually ended up leaving TLC not too long after the 7 Dec 2000 press release. On 18 Mar 2001 (101 days later), a Bang & Olufsen press release announced that Sørensen had left LEGO and would (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego XML?

(...) I know VRML was mentioned earlier, and now XML. Someone may want to look at X3D (I think that's what it's called.) It is a newer relative of VRML for 3D graphics done in XML. I haven't looked at it myself, but I hear about it all the time on (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lego XML?

(...) This must one of the slowest threads ever - 3 posts in over 4 years :) Exciting stuff. I also worked on this myself about a year ago. I had big plans and then got tied up with work and school. I created a sourceforge project, but only produced (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

Would you be able to add a BOM generator? The current version allows for a BOM, but only after rendering all of the steps. When I am in a hurry, I like to print a graphical BOM, grab the pieces I need and build the model later when I have more time. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) I know I know... just razzin ya >;-) I love the stuff you've come out with so far. It's nothing short of revolutionary for the LDraw community. Please, keep it up! -Tim (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Oooh. I had forgotten about that. If this option of ordering the elements needed for a design were included in the package, I would suddenly develop a better liking for CAD... :) (...) Software in general, as I have noticed, tends to be (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Is this the program announced three years ago? "And in 2002, we will begin a program where LEGO builders will be able to build any three dimensional creation using free software to create building instructions for their model - and then order (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) ... I couldn't get it to work either. I installed Sun's Java, and if I visit that site, it says "Congratulations, it's installed". But if I run the Java compatibility test, IE 6.1 draws the gray square, and says "Applet failed to load", Opera (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

Lots of good comments, this is very exciting stuff, ne? (...) Those aren't the only two alternatives. It could well be closed (changes controlled by LEGO only, rather than by a standards committee) but still well documented rather than (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) [...] I'm excited about the progress, and thankful for your sharing the news with us, Jake. It's good to know that TLC/LD continues to take into account the adult community's dreams and hard work, while planning for their future. -Suz - Yet (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  another workaround for the single part model color problem in l3p

Hey I have just found another work around for the known color problem with l3p when converting a 'single part model' to pov. After I have created a part I want to see how it looks like when rendered in the actual brick's color. For colors 0 - 16 the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) myself. (...) can (...) But that membership number would have to be validated with a password to know that it is any good. The numbers are easy to find. Validating the number against the password would require support from lugnet. Do you think (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) Tim, I'm not going to put your individual need ahead of features that are useful to all. So quit bugging me about EPS or I may *never* do it ;^) It is no where near the tops of my list. (...) Thanks! (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: new user installation summary

"Amy Hughes" <lugnews@amyhughes.org> skrev i meddelandet news:HE3uC5.1H18@lugnet.com... (...) create (...) administrators, (...) but not (...) security) (...) There's more than meets the eye! File (and directory) permissions in Win2K seems to be (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) By that I assume you mean true ABS. <grins and smirks> Nothing beats the real thing for complex and powerful... IMHO... Seriously though, I think what you are announcing here is great for the future of the community and its ability to further (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) I don't think LXF is going to be a parts format, it sounds like it's a way to exchange models only (think of it as LDraw with only type 1 lines). Out of curiosity, how do you plan to solve the problem of different parts library having parts (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Sounds great! (...) Have you considered following that spirit all the way and making the software open source? I know that's a big step, but other big companies have done the same with great success. I'm particularly concerned that this very (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Perhaps Digital Designer could offer third-party "plug-in" capabilities (import/export) for reading and writing LDraw files...similar to the way Adobe Photoshop works. But having some command-line tools to do the conversion would probably be (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Moving LDraw.org permanently to Peeron?

(...) Me too. (...) Nod, nod. (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) That's okay. I recognized that pretty quickly. Organizations need long term visions as well as short term. Hopefully the short term solution easily transitions into the long term stable solution. Otherwise, we may be seeing this same sort of (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact