 CAD / 9822
Re: Lego XML?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:26:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Mark R. Nusekabel writes:
In lugnet.cad, Tim McSweeney writes:
Has anyone else thought about representing Lego models in XML?  perhaps as a
high level wrapper around ldraw parts? Anyone written a dtd?

Cheers
Tim

Hi Tim - well, I just had this thought, 3-1/2 years after you asked :-).
I'm working on my XML certification and thought "BrickML" might be a good
exercise for me to practice.

This must one of the slowest threads ever - 3 posts in over 4 years :)
Exciting stuff.

I also worked on this myself about a year ago.  I had big plans and then got
tied up with work and school.  I created a sourceforge project, but only
produced a couple of DTDs.  Latest is here:

http://brick-xml.sourceforge.net/DTD/brick-xml.dtd

And here's a snazzy vapor-ware logo:

http://brick-xml.sourceforge.net/

I wanted to post this after I saw the "LEGO Digital Designer 1.0" post today -
I'm intrigued at the possibility that LXF format will be XML based (please,
please, please...).

Anyways, hope someone finds this useful.  If there's any interest, let me know
and we can brainstorm (BTW, my email above is wrong so don't use it - the
lugnet admins still haven't changed it).

  Take care,

  Gary