 CAD / *29995 (-20)
  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

(...) If PNG is lossless that's fine but I'd prefer that BMP be continued to be supported as one can then convert it in a post process step to whatever one desires. I tend not to like to use JPG for discrete tone images like instructions, it's much (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

(...) <snip> This is great stuff. Thanks, Tim for pushing this forward, others contributed, but you certainly did a great job including everyone's comments and pulling together a cogent draft proposal for the LSC. I plan to stand for election to it (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MLCAD for Linux :D

(...) Yep. now we just need L3PAO for Linux and we'll be golden : ) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  New LDraw Help Desk Tutorials...

We got two new tutorials up for you. Special thanks to Shuan Sullivan for his Panzer-iii LDraw model and Jospeh Gonzalez for his "marble floor" pov-ray code. See the new tutorials here: (URL) this is a mirror site for the LDraw Help Desk Tutorials. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad)

  MLCAD for Linux :D

Just a little note... Having switched to Linux and pretty much all the basics working I started looking for alternatives to MLCAD and various other Windows programs... After some looking I found nothing and therefore decided to try and get MLCAD to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad) !

  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

Recalling a bit of history... .PNG was to be the .GIF replacement (due too all the legal stuff around .gif) which is mostly for palletized graphics, in which case PNG is great. The PNG features that are beyond the .gif features do make a very handy (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Q? part 4626.dat stud spacing

Steve, Thanks! later, James Mathis (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

Looks like you guys have spent a lot of time thinking about how to go about this in a fair and equitable way, very comprehensive. It feels a lot like the way standards are created in the high-tech world which benefits everyone! This is a great time, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HDpB2o.oBr@lugnet.com... (...) Not from me :-) I'm in the process of throwing JPEG out of BlockCAD (AnkerCAD, ???CAD), as this makes the program almost 250 kB smaller! The PNG (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Some more LPub errors?

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HDpArM.n2J@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Why not have an invisible LDRAW part with color, just like the LIGHT.DAT? -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

(...) not at all! PNG will support transparent background - right? that's all I need ;-) w. (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Resolution

When authoring new elements, how important is the level of detail in LDraw format? That is, for more complex curves and surfaces, is it necessary to get as close to the real thing as possible? As an alternative, is it acceptable to get pretty close (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Preview of multi-level callouts complete with pointers

(...) The callouts are placed relative to outside edges or corners of the step image: Corners: TOP_LEFT TOP_RIGHT BOTTOM_LEFT BOTTOM_RIGHT Edges plus justification to the perpendicular edges TOP (LEFT, CENTER or RIGHT) BOTTOM (LEFT, CENTER or RIGHT) (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

As Orion posted earlier today, let's revisit the LDraw.org standards body idea. [1] Here is the draft proposal I mentioned earlier today on LUGNET. I'm posting it here for everyone to discuss. Several weeks ago, I worked with Kevin Clague, Larry (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev) !!

  Re: Preview of multi-level callouts complete with pointers

Hi Kevin, You've done it again! This is a HUGE improvement as it allows a much needed "step hierarchy", extremely useful for generating instructions - your step 0 is actually two steps. This is really great. I am probably being too inquisitive too (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some more LPub errors?

(...) edges (...) Ah, this is different than what you first described. LPub tries to ignore primitives when making PLIs and BOMs. I wonder why it missed these. I can recommend a work around: PLIST BEGIN IGN PLIST END Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some more LPub errors?

(...) I did that already just to make sure and got no error. Here's some more info I've found troubleshooting This error seems to occur when LPub thinks the X-Xedge.dat primitive are parts for the Construction Images and BOM. In other words LPub (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  A&M LWorks presents a LEGO Poem called Crayons

It's been a while since I last uploaded a LEGO Poem but alas here is a new one to add the to general collection entilted Crayons. See it at (URL) LWorks (URL) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: Some more LPub errors?

(...) Please try to run lpubtest.dat through L3P manually. I do not have a way to continue if L3P finds an error in the file. You may need to talk to Lars about this one. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HDpB2o.oBr@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) all (...) Nope. I have been converting all of my raw bitmaps to PNG with ImageMagick so this is a welcomed change from my (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact