 CAD / *27600 (-20)
  Re: Ring and Axle Hole fit

(...) I have already submitted the fixes for all the axle related primitives to Steve -Orion (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ring and Axle Hole fit

(...) Well spotted. There are some bad approximations to the 6LDu radius 16-agon in the axlehole.dat primitive and these appear to have been carried forward into other derivatives. Looks like a well-bounded project for someone to take on? Two (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

Hehehehe, I just saw Jeroen's comment to his render of the 0395-1976 model. Me having great fun with the new radiosity feature!! look: (URL) Happy happy joy joy, Jan F. (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Dear moderator

(...) Kevin, Do not forget that you can also have LPub listed on the www.ldraw.org website. E-mail the webiste with a breif description so that we kow where, what, and who to link to. -AHui LDraw Help Desk (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Smooth surfaces

(...) Actually the meta-statements are probably unnecessary because all the information already exists in the parts in the form of type 2 and type 5 lines. Type 2 lines indicate a hard edge and type 5 lines (or the absence of type 2 lines) indicate (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Smooth surfaces

I know this is an old discussion, but I really like Steve's idea of meta-statements to control this. What would be really cool is to have all the primitives and parts in the parts library have the meta-statements that simply turn smooth triangles on (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Dear moderator

Hello, I recently developed a program that combines L3P and POV-Ray with a graphics user interface with the ability to create step by step building instructions or single images of the complete assembly (like L3PAO). I was wondering if it could be (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: smooth_triangle algorithmizer?

Hi Dave, Heunen Guido pointed this little application out to me. : (URL) been working on a program called LPub that creates building instructions using L3P and POV-Ray, plus single images like L3PAO. I'm going to add the smooth triangle feature by (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial

(...) this (...) services Ah, I was looking for something like that too. Thanks. I will study this further and try to understand. Jaco (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts

Now there is something. I am beginning to understand too. Thanks Kevin! "Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H5DvI4.5pK@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

Great! I will now look indepth into LPub and see if I can get it to work. Jaco "Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H5E0tC.Fyu@lugnet.com... (...) will (...) MLCad, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

I just added buffer exchange into LPub, it fit *very* nicely and took only five minutes. I also just added ghosting to LPub and lsynth. These will be available in the next release. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial

(...) Hi Miguel, This is not quite true. Ghosting in submodels works the same whether you are using MPD, or the old fashioned mechanism of LDraw files using other LDraw files as parts. I just studied this behavior in MLCAD and added GHOST support to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial

Hi, The first you should know is that models with instructions steps that use CLEAR, BUFFER EXCHANGE and GHOST commands generally look really weird when viewed in "Place" mode. Download "waggon1.mpd" from Michael's site at (URL) you'll see what I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts

I've read the explanation for buffer exhange and I think I understand. In view mode, as you "step" through your design, MLCad displays the new parts added in each step. Buffers let you take a snapshot (a picture) of the design as it looks given the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

I have modified LPub to restore the original pvengine.ini, so as long as the program can exit normally (not crash) it should appear as though LPub never ran. I've got a few things to fix before I release again. Sorry for the delays. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

Lpub supports rotation steps, but does not yet support buffer exchange. I've been very busy writing a book, so I'll apologize now for my recent absense. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Overlapping polygons - how bad is it?

(...) I don't consider it all that bad. Although I recognize that some (perhaps many) rendering methods will render overlaid transparent areas as darker than non-overlaid areas. But studs drawn in the normal way (stud.dat primitives plopped on the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Any Oberon programmer here?

Oberon is a development environment originally by Niklaus Wirth (Turing price awarded inventor of Pascal) and can be downloaded here for a large variety of platforms: (URL) reason why I highlight Oberon is because we need a component technology and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.3

(...) Your part records have the following form name:num.dat You add ":" at the end of "name" but when extracting "num.dat" you scan ":" from the start!! As a result I can't extend MiniPart.ini because all unofficial parts in my Parts directory have (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact