 CAD / *27390 (-10)
  Re: Primitives and quads/triangles

(...) While your goal is to create something that looks good after L3P has converted it to POV format, bear in mind that it should ideally also look good in the original LDraw format. Using primitives for the cylinders, and not for the cones will (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Pov-ray syntax editors?

"Eduardo Vazquez Harte" <eduvazhar@terra.es> skrev i meddelandet news:H3zJDE.GLM@lugnet.com... (...) There's a good, free editor named Context (sorry, I have no link, do a search), where you can create your own syntax highlightning rules. Maybe (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Pov-ray syntax editors?

Ok so we have POVRAY for win32 E-macs Vim that's good but I'm looking for one that is small and bit notepad like vim is nice I tryied it on linux I got lin mandrake on my D:\ drive but I whould like to use pov-ray for dos for rendering and a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Primitives and quads/triangles

(...) I think Lars Hassing has presented that problem since quite some time ago at his L3P page. I suggest you use the 0 IFPOV method and make two versions of the wheel inside the dat file. /Tore (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Primitives and quads/triangles

When I was working on the old Type I trainbase 6 x 12, I also wanted correct wheels for this part. Since I have these, I tried to create the wheel. In my first attempt I used primitives only, but the cones looked horrible when rendered. In my (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDesignPad Plugin Track Generator

(...) Thanx for the feedback! My idea was to keep the plugin as simple as possible. A little more time consuming way to get the track as you described is place the 2 straights, copy the location of the last sleeper and paste that in the plugin's (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) L3P supports conditional in-line POV primitives. You could use a low polygon count for tools like Ldraw and MLCAD, but have POV primitives for perfect objects in the ray-traced images. Here is an example of a torus: (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDDesignPad Plugin Track Generator

(...) Really great! But could it be made a little more like Track Designer? So one can be able to build all the track in one dialog. Here's how I wish it was: You place the first sleeper and choose its angle. Then you select track class an pick for (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) Hmmm, I actually like this suggestion. That's where I tend to put ldraw related utilities when they don't come with source code. (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Pov-ray syntax editors?

"Eduardo Vazquez Harte" wrote... (...) PovRay for Windows (which you probably already have) (URL) (which is the best :-) (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact