 CAD / *27285 (-10)
  Re: ldraw.org running correctly?

(...) unreachable since yesterday :-( willy (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org running correctly?

(...) I have been unable to get a response from the Web server, for most of the weekend, nor login to the server as a PT admin. I've mailed Jacob this morning. Shame, I was hoping to hit some of the "Need admin review" files. Chris (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org running correctly?

It's not just you, LP. We're all having the same problem. Moreover, the parts finally got a good lamppost. Since I use lab computers, I have to download for each one I sit at. (especially with the mis-credited solid head in the new version!) To all (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  ldraw.org running correctly?

Are other people having trouble getting to ldraw.org or is it just me? I would have expected to see some posts about it if it was having trouble... and I'm not... so it's most likely me. Please email me to avoid clutter, and I'll summarize. Thanks! (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

Wow... now that's what I'd like to see in my animations. But the render times are just impossible. A 15 second clip would take a month rendering! I guess I'll stay with the standard methods and stop-motion for a while. On another note, returning to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

(...) Yes, I agree. When fiddling with parameters, I usually render only a small portion of the scene at the time, to see what effects the changes have. Only when I feel fairly confident that the final image is what I want, I try to render all of (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> skrev i meddelandet news:qrdlm5ccs02.fsf....uio.no... (...) I tend to forget what parameters I'm fiddling with, when the turnaround time goes over one hour. Doing 48 hour renderings would also create a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) You could always train it to know (and do it in a data file driven way so it's easy to add new types) (...) 2 levels of subfiles perhaps??? one subfile for the part which contains the synthesized part reference (another subfile) as well as (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Orion, I had not thought about this. This is consistant with Steve Bliss' concern about putting out the synthesized parts in a seperate file so that they can be cosidered one part by other LDRAW compatible programs. I can see two issues here. The (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Yesss Master..... Igor! main file: 973pdg.dat  [DAT]

ldraw.org is currently unreachable for me, plus I could use some advice on colors, I am not sure I have the brown color quite right, nor the dithered dark grey (halftone dotted) wrinkles/tears. There are two subfiles for the s directory and the main (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact