 CAD / *27215 (-20)
  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

(...) Personaly I would use 4-4edge and 4-4disc primitives on the bottom of the craters to save space. With a file this big you want to save as much space as possible. (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Light bricks with light?

(...) Ah! You've given me an idea! My initial suggestion was to put a light_source inside the 3001.dat, but I can see why that might not give the best result. What if we made each of the three stud4.dat's into light_objects (or some similar (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a meta-statement

(...) Steve, you gave me an idea, hehe! Here's my first pre-embryo of an LDDP plugin: (URL) far, it is anything but impressive. It can only handle the LDS LINE command, and without any error check at all. Just copy the DLL into the Plugins folder (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [Parts Tracker] Please work the queue!

Hello! I just wanted to strongly request the reviewers of the part tracker to work the queue of the tracker please. (URL) know there are several parts (e.g. like the Technic pneumatic things) who are hard to review but even if you dont own a part it (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Delphi Help Needed: Converting string to TStringList?

(...) D'ooooh, I tried MyStringList.Add(str...leteText); and had all strCompleteText in MyStringList.Strings[0]! Now it works. Thanks a lot! /Tore (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Delphi Help Needed: Converting string to TStringList?

"Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox3...wipnet.se> skrev i meddelandet news:H3B9uK.Jo6@lugnet.com... (...) MyStringList? MyStringList.Text := strCompleteText; As long as you want one element in MyStringList for each LF-separated string in (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw DLL - Was: Ldglite must be faster

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H3B7E1.BAs@lugnet.com... (...) On second thoughts, it might be better to pass the DIB as the rendering surface, but I don't know if this is easily done from VB. (...) If all the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Front wheel drive with suspension

Hello? I have made some steering mechanism that I want you all to have a look at. Can anybody make it smaller? (URL) Ldraw file can be found at (URL) have just seen one way to make it 2-knob smaller in with. By placing the difrential "outside" the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Light bricks with light?

(...) It's kinda hard to describe. The object itself emits light. If it's opaque, then it just looks like it's in a well-lit area. But if it's transparent, the clear parts refract and reflect the light is a pretty convincing way. To get realistic, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mac LDView possibility

Ok, so I downloaded the frameworks, figured out after awhile that I need to compile them and put them in /Library/Frameworks (got a warning for AJRInterface). Compiled LDView, after fixing the error mentioned earlier, I get this error: (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDraw.org to present at LEGO WORLD 2002, Zwolle, Netherlands

Sounds great! I'll certainly drop by, might learn something new :) I'm particularly interested in POV rendering and animation. Will there be information on this, or will you only show the model construction process? Oh, I'll be there as well, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Delphi Help Needed: Converting string to TStringList?

Hi! strCompleteText: String; MyStringList: TStringList; How do I convert strCompleteText (containing LF's) into strings in MyStringList? (The other way is quite simple.) TIA, /Tore (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Light bricks with light?

(...) Very nifty! Would that produce the light brick as a uniformly lighted object, or would it glow from within, in the manner of a brick with a lamp in it? My thought, which was simpler (ie, less technically precise, in deference to my lack of (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Ldraw DLL - Was: Ldglite must be faster

(...) I'm not sure why, but this popped into my head last night. I think perhaps it may not be all that hard to do. The basic ingredients are already there in the winOffScreenStart() function of ldglite. I'd just have to convert it to use the hDC (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Home-made instrux?

(...) This one far exceeds anything I was even hoping for! Good gravy, that thing's phenomenal! Kevin Clague strides the Earth as a colossus! Without gushing, I don't even know how to begin to express my appreciation for this wonderful software (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) Steve has a good overview of James Jessiman Memorial Park here: (URL) Adam has some closer shots here: (URL) the next couple pics in sequence. They're dark, though - the venue has horrible lighting. What nobody seems to have caught (and I (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Light bricks with light?

(...) There are 2 ways to do this -- the quick way and the right way. The quick way: If it's not a transparent part, and if it's in a well-lit area, you can crank up the ambient value of the color the part uses. The right way: You want to replace (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: List of Colors (Re: Wheel Generator Plugin)

(...) That is probably one of the most complete LCad color lists available, but it is focused on original LDraw and LDLite standards. I use L3Lab for quick viewing and L3P/POV for high quality renderings. And tires look *much* better in POV when (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for September 2002

(...) I'll say. About the only thing giving it away is the low resolution of the polygons on some of the circular elements (like the train wheels). That is just amazing. Bryce? (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for September 2002

(...) With what did you do that? Jeroen (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact