 CAD / *26475 (-20)
  Re: I Still have models for Datsville (Was: Datsville rev 012.)

(...) I sort of remember those two files were discussed. They are even stored in some of my old backup cdr's. I can't recall why I didn't include them in my Datsville Apocryphy. Anyway, now they are now in the Pending folder for the next release. Do (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: My experience with user defined colors...  [DAT]

Steve Barile wrote... (...) (snip) (...) L3P turns all unknown colors into gray while notifying you: WARNING "ColorTest1.dat" Line 11: Unknown color, using 7: 1 64 0 -8 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3001.DAT The main reason why L3P does not support the COLOR (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  I Still have models for Datsville (Was: Datsville rev 012.)

(...) Way back in 1999 I submitted 2 models for Datsville. John VanZwieten replied and even e-mailed me to ask if I agreed with the location that he intended. Shortly after that the project came to a halt, unfortunately before my models actualy (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  DAT files: Do No Harm

What consideration should an editor program make for unfamiliar content or eccentric style when it loads and saves an LDRAW file with changes? I am implementing the following general ideas in BrickDraw3D, based on various situations in test files. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My experience with user defined colors...

(...) If you want to use 0-255, you can do: pigment { rgb <127,6,6>/255.0 } --Bram (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  My experience with user defined colors...  [DAT]

My experience with user defined colors in .dat files, MLCad, L3PAO, and POV. It seems the .dat files use a pre-defined color lookup table (CLUT) for colors 0-28 & 32-47; where 0=black, 1=blue, 2=green and so forth (LDraw color table: (URL) I pulled (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) Hmm. Currently, the PT concentrates on the subfiles of files (ie, the "required files"). The files that were "held back" were all subfiles of non-certified files, a condition which the PT does not track. This might be a good reason to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track designer ....

(...) I think you might need to cross post this to the CAD groups if you want Leonardo to see it. If I remember correctly, he's the only one in posession of the sources at this point. Thanks for the reminder, Don (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

(...) Bosh. Win98 is perfectly fine for this kind of thing; MLCad worked just fine for me for large models with a similar piece count and RAM size. It was a little slow, but it worked just fine. That being said, it looks like Michael has found the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

Wow 2000 parts now there you problem try not to make big models make them smaller or divided that models in to 8 dat or ldr files of 250 parts each so that way windows 98 SE can work with out pain is a crapy os I don't recomember to anyone 9x or ME (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) Maybe enhance the "work the queue" to sort files that hold others a bit higher in the queue list than currently? Maybe use how many other parts they are holding back as a metric too? I dunno, maybe you do already. I'm behind in my reading. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

(...) Windows 98 Second Edition. Memory, ummm (the machine is at home), I think 64M with a spare gig . But it is a 3 year-old laptop so that means it's probably a bit light on everything (CPU, memory, disk), but it is sufficient for most of my (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD not working...

"Markham Carroll" <mc_booga@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:H15Iu8.86y@lugnet.com... <snippet> Um... I found out what was wrong. I used to have two hard drives in my computer, and when I took the old one out, the drive letters changed and my (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD not working...

When you are on a NT system make sure you have access to that path and that you can write to the registry. On XP this requires admin rights - or to be the owner of the computer. Michael "Markham Carroll" <mc_booga@hotpop.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

Hi Kerry, there is a known problem with MLCad on none NT machines which will be fixed in the next release. There is nothing what you can do against this message yet, but MLCad itself is still fully operational. You can delete the log file from time (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

(...) What OS are you using? How much memory? I've seen *huge* models (>10000 parts) work fine in MLcad, so I doubt thats the problem. ROSCO (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Handling Stickers Without a Known Number

(...) Hmmmm. Yes I think 100 would be too limiting. But can't see any immediately bad thing about the idea, so I vote yes! ROSCO (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  How to do "Glow In the Dark" effect ?

The magic wand would be much nicer if glowing in the dark: (URL) in advance, Damien (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) Unfortunately I can not respect this rule because of my sparse lego collection. Otherwise the number of my reviews would dramatically decrease. But I encourage you on remaining examplar so each part is reviewed by a owner. Damien (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) I agree. PT is more author-driven than user-driven. That is fair: if you want to have some influence on LDraw library you have to contribute. The more you contribute the more influence you have. As I do not really much contribute as author (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact