 Boats / 62
Re: The Boats line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.boats
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 01:56:27 GMT

Erin Windross wrote:

Dear Lego,

I am a large boats fan, and I am disapointed in your current boats line-up
(except for 6560, and 5976) I suggest you have something for the firefighter
and police boats to protect and save. Bring back the NAUTICA line. Get a bit
more variety (Maybe call the line City Harbour) Make more boats, Ferries,
tankers, research vessels, tour boats, (I really doubt this one unless you
make all the sets microfig scale) Ocean Liners, tugboats. All I'm saying is
that I think TLC could improve its current boats line. But I doubt people on
Lugnet are as interested in boats as me (every other message in Lugnet.boats
is from me). Oh well.

Erin
--
In a recent poll 100.1% of minifigs said Spamcake is out, Fruitcake is in.

Hey! I'm with you on this request. I'd love to see a yaht. Or any
sailboat for that matter. I'm personally not exctied by motorboats. But
I love watching the Cup race on television. ..All that technology put
into what's essentially a low-tech means of transportation! very cool.

Of course a minifig scale Cup-class racer would probably be longer than
any pirate ship to date... and the keel could present a problem without
a stand. But radio-controled sailboat racing is another fascinating (and
expensive) adult hobby, so it'd be great if it actually functioned.

In NYC, I once saw a RC sailboat that was manned by Playmobil people...

-Suz.