 Boats / 399 (-20)
  Re: Car Ferry model leaves the dock

Mr L F Braun wrote in message ... (...) Thanks Lindsay! I wish I could have extended it lengthwise and widthways to be more in proportion with the height, but I just don't have room for a 5-ft long ship (either that or I am not quite as crazy as (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

Tony Alexander wrote in message ... (...) your (...) Nothng apart from the usual - making sure bricks cover the joins in teh plates, etc. What's intresting is that because of teh SNOT car lane surfaces, there are two crossways joints (level with the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Car Ferry model leaves the dock

Gee it's big! :^) Awesome model! The removable decks are nice, the detail is great, and the ferry reminds me of home (Texas, not BC). I especially like the homemade rafts. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Car Ferry model leaves the dock

Wow! Thank is fantastic Kevin! Being someone who grew up on the West Coast of BC and have had many rides on several ferries from the BC Ferries fleet, you captured this boat amazingly! Any thoughts on this being your next Bricksmith set? (...) (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Car Ferry model leaves the dock

(...) Another wonderful model. I like the "compression" on this one; it looks a lot like the little car ferry model I had as a kid! (It's a Great Lakes thing.) Excellent layered construction, as well; this is in the best tradition of Town and Train (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Car Ferry model leaves the dock

(...) Wow! Love the strength test pics on this, too...it's obvious that your MOC can hold it's own. Did you do anything special to get it this strong? (el snippo) (...) Very nice detailing...both playability and model integrity are well done. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Car Ferry model leaves the dock

Ladies and gentlemen, cover your ears, the ship's whistle is about to sound.... OK, now we've got that out of the way, I am happy to say that I've at last finished the car ferry model I have been working on for months, and the pics are available on (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"

This is too big to even comment on effectively. I could spend hours pouring ove the details of the deck and the functionality of the midship compartments alone (and probably will). Not to mention the historical detail...right down to the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Big oars, finally! (was: Re: FBTB's Coverage of NY Toy Fair 2003)

(...) Those have appeared in Belville sets before, but in orange. It's nice to see them in brown. Frank (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Big oars, finally! (was: Re: FBTB's Coverage of NY Toy Fair 2003)

(...) A better look at (URL) shows big, lance-sized-plus, oars. Time for some real galleys! LFB (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: LEGO Carnival Fantasy Cruise Ship?

Appearently this model is on board the ship. My wife went on a cruise last summer and she took some pics of it for me... I'll see if I can find them. "Tim Tosino" <timtosino@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HA6Fqt.C9q@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: LEGO Fantasy Cruise Ship?

(...) Given the use of the LEGO logo, I assume that it is a model built by LEGO for some show? Does anybody know? Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

  LEGO Fantasy Cruise Ship?

(URL) these photos and couldn't find any discussion or news about it here. (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.town)

  LEGO Fantasy Cruise Ship?

(URL) these photos and couldn't find any discussion or news about it here. (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.town)

  Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"

(...) Apologies for the delayed feedback - I don't have time to peruse Lugnet as much as I would like. Anyway... congrats on the nice MOC. The superstructure seems a little more boxy than it should, but I love the flared effect on the bow. I was a (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"

Richie- Thanks for the comments. I'm just waiting for the next incarnation of the Famous Mister Snottler to appear--they've been getting to be quite amazing, and given the extreme flare of the bows on those types of warships I'm looking forward to (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"

Mattias- Thanks so much for the feedback--I think selective compression plus the minifig scale meant that some details (for example, using triple TT instead of the real ship's quads) were in fact sacrificed. But I'm sure it would be very possible (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"

(...) Phew! That's a relief. I was afraid I'd just prattled on ceaselessly. :) I'm sorry the picture of yours that I liked so much and included was the last one on the Expo page, but those pictures had to go down there to encourage everyone to stick (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"

(...) Truly magnificent, Lindsay. The LEGO scaling is amazing, the attention to detail superb. (One of my favourite details are your spoked wheel drums. I've already built a few - it's always good to find new uses for common (and seldom used parts). (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"

Wow. I think the keyboard is going to short out from all the drool. Mr. Braun, you ROCK. (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact