 Boats / 398
Re: Car Ferry model leaves the dock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:02:30 GMT

Tony Alexander wrote in message ...
    Wow!  Love the strength test pics on this, too...it's obvious that • your
MOC can hold it's own.  Did you do anything special to get it this strong?

Nothng apart from the usual - making sure bricks cover the joins in teh
plates, etc. What's intresting is that because of teh SNOT car lane
surfaces, there are two crossways joints (level with the ends of teh
stairway structure in the middle) which I expected to be weak. However, when
the model is right way up, they are in compression so it doesn't seem to be
a problem. If I tried those strength tests with the hull upside down it
probably would not be as good, but hey, I'm not going to be using it upside
down so it doesn't matter :-)

    I was going to ask about that, then read it here.  Do you often travel
by ferry?  The level of familiarity seems more than just a research trip.

Well, anyone who lives here uses the ferries occasionally, but recently,
with my daughter one ferry ride away at college, and my SO two ferry rides
away up the coast, I have been doing a lot more ferry-riding!

Kevin
Custom building kits: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information:
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/COntent/Townplan/townplan.htm