 Boats / 394
Re: Car Ferry model leaves the dock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:21:06 GMT

In lugnet.boats, Kevin Wilson writes:
* Remarkably strong construction - you can pick this *heavy*, 29" long model
up by the bow and stern quite safely
     Wow!  Love the strength test pics on this, too...it's obvious that your
MOC can hold it's own.  Did you do anything special to get it this strong?

(el snippo)
* Many, many details including navigation lights, roll indicator, wipers for
the bridge windows, etc etc etc •      Very nice detailing...both playability and model integrity are well done.
I even took a research trip on the ferry, and took 3
rolls of photos for reference! There are a few prototype photos in the BS
gallery - the Queen of Cumberland is the one the model is closest to, not
the Bowen Queen as you might expect :-).
     I was going to ask about that, then read it here.  Do you often travel
by ferry?  The level of familiarity seems more than just a research trip.

     Inspiring!  Keep up the good work!

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander