 Boats / 319 (-10)
  Re: SNOT Boating, con't

(...) I put up a couple more views. As much as I like POVRay, it unfortunately insists on a 3d perspective, so even when I want a simple top down or side projection view, you're stuck with some distortion on the ends. Ahh well, I suppose that is, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: SNOT Boating, con't

(...) *boo hoo hoo* You cad, I chawwenge you to a DUEL! :) (...) I'm glad you actually got a copy of the thing. I hope you'll post lateral and dorsal views--I'd like to get a look at that curvature. Do you actually have enough 1x1 technic beams to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: SNOT Boating, con't (LONG)

In e-mail, LFB wrote (and I beg LFB's approval, as this is reprinted here without express written consent, although I am willing to suffer any and all appropriate consequences for this breach of etiquette): (...) Hi Lindsay, At the front of the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  MegaBloks Boomer

Hey Rick (and all)-- For that interior detail, I saw something very interesting this weekend at TRU: A MegaBloks cut-away model of a 'boomer! I don't know if it would be worth a look, as it's nowhere near minifig scale, but I found it sort of (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Name That Apparatus

(...) Defiantly a dopplar radar... Josh (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: HMLS Snottler

(...) "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." This kind of boat plays a central part in Apocalypse Now. Nice work! George (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: HMLS Snottler

(...) Ack! My bad for using an uncertain referent. Overall length. (...) I'm not sure it would need to gain any, really. Maybe a bit of width at the tail (which would then be the midships), but again, only to keep the curvature. The maximum width (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: HMLS Snottler

(...) Thanks! (...) Thanks for the suggestions... I've got some more grey plates. Some technical questions: - where should it get longer -overall, foredeck, afterdeck? - does it need extra width as well? (it would need to gain a bit to keep the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: HMLS Snottler

(...) Oooh! I *do* like the cut of that prow. It's very "escorty"- looking indeed. That forward mounting is quite excellent as well, and I like the raft platform aft. My only suggestion, if it's possible to do: Can you lengthen it about 50%-66%? I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: HMLS Snottler

(...) Thanks, Geordan I've still got to get this new camera sorted out. I think I need to work on the lighting. (...) The Olbrook was built after a visit to Holbrook, NSW, and inland town named after a WWI submarine captain. They boast the complete (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact