 Boats / 254 (-20)
  Re: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Oh! I guess that's what I get for assmeuing. ("don't assume, it just makes an ass out of me and u..." -former employer) I'll have to change that--I took uniformity among your respective images as evidence of original state. I'll go change it (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) your "worst signage" award for Washington DC. If anything, the Northern Virginia area in general must have the worst signage in the entire country. I really can't stand it when you drive through an intersection that is of course unlabeled and (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Ore Boat update

Well, i've hacked away at my ore boat for the last few months, and now I've really HACKED. I made it twice as wide, the hull is still the same highth (although i may add a brick...), and i'm building it in 4 sections. The 4 sections consist of, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

Linsday, Makes my little DDGN look super small. But wow, absolutely amazing. Can you engineer building internal compartments and living/working spaces? Incredible master model building.... (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  RE: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) cropped or otherwise modified (e.g., reduced to save disk space)." Not true! I color balanced, sharpened, and reduced all my photos to 800x600. I just like big pictures :) I know Troy reduced his too, because he always shoots at 2048x1536. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

I liked those WWI BB and BC with the staggered port and starboard turrets. A great job of buiding it with Lego. Of course, my pyrates would sail in under those big guns, board it, and make those lubbers walk the plank.... :-) Bruce (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

Excellent website, it does the ship a lot of justice! ;-) I especially liked the History section, and the Construction section. You did a great job of explaining everything. I was also pleased that you finally made this change: (URL) beautiful work! (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Lindsey, Great boat, and a great read. I like being able to follow the building process. Thanks, George (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

Holy cow. That aint little son. I saw a few pics of this during all the brickfest posts. Glad you put up a site for it. Its beautiful. -Jon "Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:GIEp0n.BtF@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

I still love that ship. Gary Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:GIEp0n.BtF@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

Hi, everybody! I built a little boat. (URL) Let me know what you think--it's old news, but I finally got a reasonable site up so I thought I should "announce." :D all best Lindsay n.b.: Followups have been set. (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  HMLS Olbrook

The big, blue boat which visited STUDfest 9, and is currently on a voyage looking for the legendary Sunken Mindstorms Sets. Cruising the surface, Captain Brickius and crew keep a lookout. (URL) at depth (sorry about the flash!) (URL) crew hard at (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.boats)

  My new and improved website is now online!

All of my Space, Air, Water, and Land creations have a new home-- at the shortest URL yet! Most of my old stuff and all my stuff is there. Please feel free to use the rating form on anything you look at: (URL) LMKWYT, update your links, and let me (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.build, lugnet.boats, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars) !

  Re: Friedrich der Grosse (was: Re: The Next Grey Monster.)

(...) Nah, we can save it for Piratefest. If it's any indication, I'm still finding bits of railing and rig in my backseat. best LFB PS: Did you get the tire replaced OK? (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Speculative Endeavour Pictures

At last, some photos of my modern expedition ship, the Speculative Endeavour: Captain Jacques Legeau arrives in a rowboat to take command of the SE (URL) Legeau supervises the launch of the SE's research submarine (URL) top deck of the SE, showing (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Friedrich der Grosse (was: Re: The Next Grey Monster.)

(...) I just found a commemorative railing piece of _Friedrich der Grosse_ in my wheel well. You want I should mail it to you? Chris (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Friedrich der Grosse (was: Re: The Next Grey Monster.)

Hi all, Well, _Friedrich der Grosse_ and I are back from Fest, after several harrowing moments and a few jostles on the way home owing to a flat tire (sorry again about the bad juju, Chris!) that necessitated its removal from the trunk on the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

(...) No it won't be in the game, but you should find some time in your schedule to play in any case. (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

(...) Will we have room for it? (And which cranes--the blue-legged ones hanging around the sides, or the actual ship's cranes?) (...) I've stuck it in .pirates during the building phase because this is where the folks who give me the best feedback (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

(...) root (in someone else). (...) Welcome to the dark side, my friend. We've missed you. (...) Can hardly wait! ObCompDork: Why is this in .pirates instead of .boats? (or .build?) Is it going to be in the pirate game? (I may need to rethink my (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact