 Belville / 202
Re: Anyone up to this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 23:27:11 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Ah! yes, I dusted off my BV dollhouse prototype about a week ago.
Seeing it again made me eager to build. I've been working on castle
models first though, and now I'm stuck with "work" work. But I can
take a picture of what I've got.. will try to post one soon.

It's great fun to build for BV scale because you're allowed such a
greater level of detail. Takes longer though, and more pieces.
:-)

-Suz.

I have never been quite sure exactly who buys these Belville sets, they sort
of remind me of the original 'Maxifig' series from the 70s which were popular
with girls and boys alike (I had to hide the kitchen set from my mates for
fear of reprisals though!).

Recently, to my horror (initially), my daughters started to show an interest
in these sets, "AAAAGH!" said I, fearful that they would disregard the
creative Lego aspect and just play dolls all the time. Nothing could be
further from the truth and, apart from the excessive use of large elements I
think these are the next best thing to the Paradisa sets (the last hiding
place for original Town Lego).

In fact, compared to other 'action figure' dolls, the BV figures are of a high
quality as you would expect from TLC, they are just a bit too girly in my
opinion - how about some scruffy bewhiskered old men for variety?

Right now I'm faced with a giant BV character trampling through a MF scale
wild west town (Gold City Junction 6765). It's OK, she just fits into the
general store (sitting down) but the 'Mummy' BV figure isn't allowed in.

How do I explain the importance of consistant scale to children? Aaaaghh!

With reference to an earlier posting, I would agree that the BV sets are a
rich source of elements and are largely overlooked because they appear to be
expensive (at least in the UK)....but last years sets are nearly always on
offer.

Jon

Shiri Dori wrote:

Does anyone have any BV-scale MOCs?

Personally I'm devoting my limited resources to castle, but I'd love to see
some BV scale stuff.

(Suz, you were talking about some MOCs back in the fairy-tale discussion...
any pics?)

-Shiri