 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4144
  Urban Pool Hall

Hello, I had been uninspired lately but broke out of it (for a little while, anyway) to build this Pool Hall. I hope this is the first of many more buildings for my new layout. (Urban Landscape 2008/2009) (4 URLs) After mod: (URL) This was built on (...) (16 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

That is awesome! I especially like the big heavy doors and all of the trim and moulding around the windows. As always, the colors used are as true to life as you can get with LEGO bricks. Great work! Scott (16 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

(...) WOW as usual. Your mocs have been a constant inspiration to me for years now but you never cease to amaze me. I honestly wish I naturally had half your creativity. I look forward to "barrowing" ideas from this moc and the others you have (...) (16 years ago, 22-Feb-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

(...) Nice work! Very funky, too. ;) The 'weathered wall look' would be great in the urban landscape, or for (western) adobe buildings, or for (dare I say it) Post-Apoc dioramas. I hope to see you try some of those themes someday. Keep building! (...) (16 years ago, 23-Feb-08, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

(...) Superb--I spent many, many, many hours of my youth in just such buildings. Actually have to disagree about the sign--think it works well. POOL is all that is needed. If one is a pool player that is all that is needed. And most pool halls (...) (16 years ago, 23-Feb-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

(...) Thanks, Scott. I was going for a lot of detail. The Yoda lips came in very handy. (...) Thanks again, Jonathan (16 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

(...) Thanks, Ondrew. I must say that your NMRA set-up really got me wanting to take my layouts and MOC's to the next level. Alleys, more angled buildings etc. very inspirational. I am 95% sure I'll be at Brickworld at this point. Don't yet know if (...) (16 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

(...) Thanks Nelson! Hmmm, we'll see on the other themes. :o) Jonathan (16 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

(...) Thanks, Tommy. I agreed until someone I showed it to thought it was a swimming pool, establishment. :o/ Thanks again! Jonathan (16 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

(...) Or of course there is alway engraving the sign over multiple bricks. lol They actually work well--the problem being the painting and cleaning process. Here is picture of the Wichita State Logo engraved ove 5 1x8 bricks. (URL) Armstrong The (...) (16 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

(...) lol tommy. the ironic thing though is i have thought about engraved signs before and i'm still looking for a way to make signs but not have to worry about engravig over multiple bricks but instead one larger tile, plate, or brick. i'll email (...) (16 years ago, 26-Feb-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

Great work as always Johnathan. The colors you use and the subject of the creations always fit so well with the other buildings you make. Bravo! I am doing a show in October a the PNC Arts Center. It would be great if you were to bring these and (...) (16 years ago, 27-Feb-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

(...) Thanks Eric! Much appreciated. (...) oo, thanks for that too. Lets touch base closer to October. Thanks again, Jonathan (16 years ago, 28-Feb-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

Hey thanks, part of the reason I mention this opportunity is because during the past 3 years, the display space keeps getting bigger and bigger. The marketing company I work with from Hoboken is really very supportive of the displays I put on. At (...) (16 years ago, 29-Feb-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Urban Pool Hall

(...) Very nice. I really like the detailing around the front doors and the half stud offset for the broken brickwork. I'll be borrowing that, if I ever get around to building again. -Jason (16 years ago, 2-Mar-08, to lugnet.town, FTX)