 Town / 10016
Re: Urban Pool Hall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:55:37 GMT

In lugnet.town, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
Hello,

I had been uninspired lately but broke out of it (for a little while, anyway) to
build this Pool Hall.  I hope this is the first of many more buildings for my
new layout. (Urban Landscape 2008/2009)
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=302670>

This was built on the suggestion and with inspiration from Russell Clark.
(Thanks again, Russell!)

And, I have to apologize, I haven't been doing my fair share of replying to MOC
creation posts at all lately, so I certainly don't deserve any replies.  (I have
been looking at the recent MOC's, though!)

Enjoy!

Best,

Jonathan

WOW as usual. Your mocs have been a constant inspiration to me for years now but
you never cease to amaze me. I honestly wish I naturally had half your
creativity. I look forward to "barrowing" ideas from this moc and the others you
have posted recently when I start building my new module this coming
summer/fall. see you at brickworld?

Thanks, Ondrew.  I must say that your NMRA set-up really got me wanting to take
my layouts and MOC's to the next level.  Alleys, more angled buildings etc.
very inspirational.

I am 95% sure I'll be at Brickworld at this point.  Don't yet know if I'll be
bringing anything.

If I had to critic anything on this moc it would be the brick built sign.
Personally, I think a somewhat smaller font with something like “Tim’s pool” or
"Ogle's billiards" would give the building a more realistic feel. In this case,
I would use a sticker with probably a bold scrip font.  If you want the sticker
to look lego-ish print, the sign on normal sticker paper and put a piece of
clear box tape over what you’re cutting out. It will give the sticker that shiny
look.

I have been experimenting with brick built signs and still am.  I don't quite
yet know if I want to go the sticker route or continue on this route.  I
definitely agree that stickers would look better and also provide many more
options.

Thanks, again!
Jonathan