 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3716
    Bad Axe Theater and Generic Theater —Jonathan Lopes
   Hello! So, I had a little time to do some building and finishing of quite a few MOC's over the holiday break. These two, like firehouses and diners, represent another interest of mine: old time, neon marquee'd theaters. There is something really (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town) !!

        Re: Bad Axe Theater and Generic Theater —Jon Hutchison
     (...) Wow! I am always amazed at your work! I especally like the Bad Axe Theater. How did you get the gaps in the tan smooth plates beside the red door? jon (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.town)

         Re: Bad Axe Theater and Generic Theater —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) Hi Jon, Thanks! The tan tiles are facing 'studs out' using tan technic bricks behind them. Thanks again, Jonathan (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Bad Axe Theater and Generic Theater —Marc Nelson Jr.
     (...) Really neat use of the (URL) knit caps> on the Bad Axe. Shouldn't the windows on the two theaters be bricked up, though (assuming they were converted from other uses)? Great work as always, Jonathan. I'd love what you could do with the (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: Bad Axe Theater and Generic Theater —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) Hi Marc, Glad you noticed the knit caps. They were a last minute idea that I think worked out nicely. With regards to the blocked up windows; this may sound a bit odd coming from someone who has created some of the rough looking buildings that (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: Bad Axe Theater and Generic Theater —Marc Nelson Jr.
     (...) Cool! Let me know if you need any more pictures - I'm over there all the time, and I'd be happy to take some. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Bad Axe Theater and Generic Theater —Nathan Todd
     I like the second scene a lot! The rich but simple detailing you put into each building is excellent. I like your use of the new wheel frames, even if it does raise bley issues. Thanks for sharing and God Bless, Nathan (URL) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: Bad Axe Theater and Generic Theater —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) Hi Nathan, Thanks! It is all about the little details. And, there is no bley issue with me. ;o) Best, Jonathan (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Bad Axe Theater and Generic Theater —Ben Fleskes
   (...) Hi, nice use of the BBB wheels. You mentioned you had something, non train, planned and I was curious to find out what you were up to. Nice job. Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks LLC (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Bad Axe Theater and Generic Theater —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) Thanks, Ben. This use actually wasn't planned. I used the extra wheels that were sent. (Thanks for those!). The planned building with your wheels was this firehouse: (URL) I used them above the windows, under the arches. Thanks again! Jonathan (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.town)